Outlines how to use CBD oil for dogs and cats, why it works and what to look for to find the best CBD hemp oils to help your dog or cat’s ailments.
Cannabis-infused oil has become one of the recent years’ most significant health trends. An effective CBD oil for pets can help your furry friends with several ailments and reduce discomfort altogether. The primary aim of all pet owners is to ensure their loved friends remain healthy and active for as long as possible.
Old age and disability can make things difficult for cats and dogs, and this is where an effective CBD oil for pets becomes handy. They have the power to soothe aches, prevent degeneration and improve sleep. Are you looking to get your pet the best cannabidiol oil in the market? Read on to learn more about the benefits of hemp oil and how to choose products that help your pet. How to choose a CBD product: full spectrum vs broad spectrum vs isolate
How to use CBD oil for dogs and cats: why it works
Cannabidiol possesses several medicinal and therapeutic properties that make it effective against a plethora of ailments. In recent years, studies have confirmed that such products also help improve the quality of life of our pets. Most mammals host a comparable endocannabinoid system similar to ours, enabling them to experience the benefits of hemp extracts. As a result, such products have the power to soothe symptoms related to everything from anxiety to chronic pain. How hemp oil reduces wrinkles
Cannabinoids, such as CBD work, interact with our body’s natural receptors and neurotransmitters. Studies show that these products mainly engage with the CB1 and CB2 receptors, which help with everything from immune response to sleep cycle maintenance. As a result, products containing hemp extracts act as a natural remedy for different everyday issues that ailing or disabled pets have to face. How to take CBD oil: its health benefits and side effects
However, as with any other product, consumers need to make sure they research the product before purchasing. The recent explosion in popularity of such products has led to several fake products that offer no benefits storming the market. Additionally, products that contain higher amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol can be toxic to dogs, and consumers should keep such things in mind. Hence, individuals need to consider several factors while purchasing an effective CCBD for dogs.
How to buy the best CBD hemp oil for pets
Before purchasing any product you see on the market, consider the following factors to ensure high quality and effectiveness.
- Always check the opinion of industry experts and veterinarians to ensure the product is safe for use on your pet. Consult a doctor before administering any dosage to prevent drug reactions and other issues.
- Only buy products from companies that furnish third-party testing results, as this helps prove their credibility and reliability. A certificate of analysis will help you understand the active ingredients in the products and their quality. Additionally, look for test reports regarding the number of pesticides, toxins, and heavy metals in the product to prevent contamination.
- As a pet owner, make sure you take the word of other customers who have bought the product for their pets. Customer reviews and testimonials will help you gauge the effectiveness and trustworthiness of both the company and its products.
- Go through the company website to learn more about the company’s manufacturing process and farming methodologies. Always opt for natural, organic products as they offer more benefits and fewer side effects and contamination.
- Ensure that the company has an organic hemp source and opt for those that use American-grown cannabis or hemp plants. Additionally, buy products that utilize hemp and not marijuana as the latter tends to have higher concentrations of THC which can harm your pets.
- The three most popular types of hemp extracts available are the isolates, broad-spectrum and full-spectrum varieties. While the former contains pure cannabidiol, the other two contain varying amounts of other terpenes, flavonoids, and trace amounts of THC. Broad-spectrum products undergo minimal processing and have less than 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol, making them safe as well. Additionally, certain studies have introduced the entourage effect, wherein hemp extracts offer more benefits when they work in pairs. However, consumers should consult a vet before choosing between these extracts to ensure the product remains safe for use on their pet.
- The potency of such products depends on the milligrams available per milliliter or the strength of the extract used. Higher amounts of CBD per volume results in a more potent dose, which pets may not be able to handle. Hence, start with smaller potencies, monitor the changes it causes, and then increase the dosage as and when required. Most products come in different sizes, with 150, 300, and 600mg being the most popular choices for pets.
How to use CBD oil for dogs and cats: review of best CBD hemp products
- Verma Farms: Verma is a company that produces high-quality cannabidiol for both humans and dogs, with several options for pets. They recently introduced a Salmon-flavored oil, which comes in both 150mg and 300mg sized bottles. Additionally, the company offers a subscription discount, making it a perfect option for consumers who want to treat their pets regularly. These all-natural products use USA-grown hemp and add probiotics, Vitamin D3 and E into the compounds, making the formulation very healthy.
- Penguin: If you are looking for a top-quality and affordable product, look no further. These oils have fans across America thanks to their natural, THC-free products made using hemp grown in Oregon. The company uses a CO2 extraction process and provides up-to-date testing reports, helping make the brand reliable and trustworthy. The company offers products ranging from 250mg to 2500mg doses and has broad-spectrum extracts containing terpenes and MCT oil.
- R+R Medicinals: If you want your dog to enjoy its hemp, you can try R+R’s Dog Chews, which comes infused with cannabidiol. The product contains 5mg of full-spectrum CBD and other healthy ingredients, such as chicken liver, flaxseed, and sweet potato. Each jar contains 60 chews and easily lasts two months while costing consumers less than $30.
- Medterra: One of the most renowned products in the market, Medterra offers a line of pet-friendly items verified by veterinarians across the US. The company puts all these items through the same rigorous testing methodologies it enforces on human products. Hence, consumers can rest assured that their Kentucky-grown hemp products are worth the buck. The THC-free drops come in three flavors and differing dosages, so everyone can find something that suits their needs.
- CBDfx: One of the best pet oils on the market, their products offer relief for everything from arthritis pain to separation anxiety. They use the best quality ingredients, including organic hemp, and have an excellent bacon-flavored oil that dogs love. The company uses organic ethanol during extraction.
These products can help your pets with several neurological and physical ailments, such as inflammation, anxiety, and pain. Additionally, they serve as a natural remedy for soothing indigestion, promoting a healthy appetite, and preventing insomnia. Due to their organic nature, these products produce no adverse side effects and are a sustainable option for extended use. What are you waiting for now? Practicing these guidelines to buy the most effective CBD oils for your pet can make their lives a lot easier than ever before! How to use CBD oil to treat acne