Our guide outlines how to delete an Instagram account permanently by web or app, and how to deactive an Instagram account temporarily.
How do I delete an Instagram account? The following instructions will show you how to delete an Instagram account permantently, and how to deactivate your Instagram account. You can either deactivate your Instagram account or delete it completely. Use your Instagram app on your smartphone or simply the Instagram website on your computer. However, the app variant is so cumbersome that we recommend the variant via the browser.
How to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily
In the following we show you how to deactivate Instagram via the website and via the app. Your account will not be completely deleted, but only temporarily closed. For others it is no longer visible, but still there. As soon as you log in again, your Instagram profile is active again.
Deactivate Instragram using the web page
- Go to the Instagram page and log in using your email address and password or your Facebook login.
- Go to your profile by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Now click on ” Edit profile ” next to your user name and then go to ” Temporarily deactivate my account ” in the lower right corner .
- Now you have to provide a reason for the deactivation . Finally, just confirm with your password and click on ” Temporarily deactivate account “. This will deactivate your Instagram account until you log in again.
To deactivate your profile via the browser, go to “Edit profile” and then to “Deactivate my account temporarily” at the bottom right.
Deactivate Instagram in the app
- Start the app and go to your profile .
- Click on the Buger menu in the top right corner and then on ” Settings “.
- Then tap on ” Help ” and then on ” Help Center “.
- You will now be redirected to an external site. Here click on the option ” Manage your account “. You will then be directed to the ” Manage Your Account ” page .
- Now click on ” Delete your account “. Here you can choose between the two options ” How can I temporarily deactivate my account? ” And ” How do I delete my account? “. To deactivate, click on “How can I temporarily deactivate my account?”
- You will now be asked to log in to instagram.com using your mobile browser . From here you can follow the instructions for ” Deactivating via browser ” or the instructions on the page.
How to delete an Instagram account permanently
If you choose to permanently delete your account , all associated images and videos will also be deleted. In addition, your username will be blocked and made available to other users. To save your pictures before deleting your Instagram account, see our article ” Instagram: Save pictures and videos “.
In the following, we will show you how to delete an Instagram account permanently via the website and via the app.
Delete an Instagram account permanently via the website
- Use the following link to delete your Instagram account . You will now be redirected to a page on Instagram where you have to state the reason for deleting your account.
- After you have selected a reason, you have to confirm your entry again with your password.
- Then click on ” Permanently delete account “. Now the deletion process for removing your Instagram account will be initiated.
- Before you can complete the deletion, you must provide a reason for deleting your account.
How to delete an Instagram account permanently in the app
- Start the app and go to your profile.
- Now go to the three-line menu at the top right and open ” Settings “.
- Then tap Help and Help Center.
- You will now be redirected to an external page. Here you have to tap on the option ” Manage your account “. You will then be directed to the ” Manage Your Account ” page.
- Now go to ” Delete your account ” and select the option ” How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- You will now be asked to go to the ” Delete your account ” page . If you are not yet logged into Instagram in your browser, you must do so now.
- You then have to state a reason why you want to delete your account and confirm the entry again with your password.
- Finally, tap on ” Permanently delete account ” and the deletion process for removing your Instagram account will be initiated.