Guides you through how to say congratulations for any occasion, with sample congratulations for weddings, engagements, a baby and a promotion.
So many moments in a person’s life could call for sending congratulations. Knowing just what to say in these moments to convey your good wishes can be tricky. Use this guide to learn how to compose the perfect congratulations message no matter what the occasion.
How to say congratulations for any occasion
Weddings and Engagements
Knowing precisely what to write in a congratulations card is challenging for most of us. With over two million couples tying the knot in America alone each year, you’ll likely find yourself striving to come up with something endearing to say to the engaged couple or the bride and groom. Consider the following ideas:
• I couldn’t be happier for you both!
• Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together!
• Congratulations on your marriage, and best wishes always!
• Kudos to the love that brought you together!
• I knew the love you had was something special. Three cheers!
• I love seeing two people find happiness together. You deserve each other!
• Lots of love today and beyond.
• May the years that lay ahead be filled with everlasting joy.
• Wishing you endless happiness as you begin your new life together.
• Congratulations on the most important union of your life!
Birth of a Child
Very few monumental occasions can top the birth of a child. You can present your greeting at the baby shower or mail it to the new parents’ home after delivery. Say congratulations with one of these warm phrases:
• Hooray! This baby is going to bring you so much happiness.
• Here’s to the many wonder-filled times ahead for you both.
• Warmest congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby!
• Welcome to the world, little one!
• May your baby be blessed with good health, love, and laughter.
• Wishing you the best of luck with your new little miracle!
• We welcome your dear new child to this world with love.
• Happy day! Congratulations on your divine bundle of joy.
• Cheers to a new life!
• Hugs and kisses to you as you embark on the rewarding adventure called parenthood.
Promotion at Work
Whether it’s a relative, friend, or colleague, you’ll be called upon to celebrate someone’s professional promotion one day. Let them know how proud you are of their accomplishments with a congratulatory note. Consider penning a personalized greeting such as:
• I want to be the first to congratulate you on your promotion.
• Cheers on the new job! You’re amazing.
• I knew you could do it. Keep up the great work!
• Enjoy your moment of success. You earned it!
• May your new position bring you much success.
• I’m thrilled to hear you’re getting the recognition you deserve.
• This promotion is perfect for you. New opportunities are what make you thrive.
• Congratulations on climbing another rung of the corporate ladder.
• Your new boss is lucky to have you!
• Good things are coming your way with this new endeavor.
Take advantage of these useful tips that you can use the next time you sit down to write a congratulations card. From weddings to the birth of a child, you’ll know exactly what to write to convey your good wishes.