We outline in easy steps how to restore Windows 10 when you are having problems, and what you should avoid doing.
After using your PC with Windows 10 for weeks without any problems, for a few days it has shown unusual slowness and some small inexplicable glitches. A friend suggested giving it a try so that you can face restore Windows 10 . You understood the advice as well, but if you are right here reading this guide it is clear that at this point you have no idea how to go about it. Given the situation, know that you have nothing to worry about ! In the following lines, we will outline everything you need to do to restore Windows 10, step by step. How to disable Windows 10 services for better speed
Before you can be alerted when you need to perform complicated operations out of your reach, let me immediately let you know that, contrary to the apparent situation, recovering Windows 10 is not complicated at all. All you need is a minimum of knowledge and a few minutes of free time, nothing more.
So, if you really want to know what to do to be able to restore Windows 10, I invite you to sit back, get in front of your PC, and devote yourself to reading this guide. I am sure that in the end you will more than satisfied with the result achieved. How to stop updates: Windows 10
If you want to restore Windows 10 to the PC you are currently using, you can choose between two different systems to be successful “in business”. Depending on your preferences and requirements, you can choose whether to restore Windows 10 with its features. Reset PC available “Default” in Windows or when you do it with the Media Creation Tool offered by Microsoft. You have the choice. Either way, don’t worry, you don’t have to do anything particularly complicated.
How to zoom in on Windows
Warning: If you want to restore Windows 10 by completing the drive cleaning, we recommend that you get a backup as you think is best before proceeding. A thorough drive cleaning will permanently remove all data on the PC.
How to compress a file using Windows, Zip or NTFS: step-by-step
How to restore Windows 10: Use ‘Reset Your PC’ to reset Windows 10
If you’d rather restore Windows 10 using the Reset PC Connected OS feature, follow these steps.
- The first step that you should follow is to access the Update and Security section of Windows, and to do this, type the term in the search box attached to the taskbar Settings.
- Click on the first result attached to the list shown in the menu start and then click on Voice Update and Security in the new window that opened on the desktop.
- At this point click on the element. Restoration is in the left sidebar and then click on the button in advance what you can find in the section Reset your PC .
- To take into account what is now on the desktop, select Keep my files if you want to restore Windows 10 by deleting applications and settings but keep your personal files (photos, text documents, etc.), or choose Erase Everything option if you want to erase all personal files, applications, and settings.
- On some PCs, generally laptops, you will also find the Restore Defaults option that will allow you to restore the PC to its factory state, i.e. with the same programs, services, etc. that was found in it at the time of purchase.
- At this point, if you have selected the Keep my files option, stick to the special wizard that appears on the screen by always pressing the siguiente key and waiting for the OS recovery to start and complete. If in doubt, press the button ‘cancel’.
- If you chose the Erase All option instead, the window that appears later on the screen will indicate whether you just want to erase your personal files or whether you intend to wipe the drive as well.
- In the first case press Delete only my personal files while in the second case click Delete files and clean drive then click the Restore button. Note that the first option will help you restore Windows 10 faster, but you will be less secure. The second option can take a few hours, but it makes it extremely difficult to recover third-party files. In either case, follow the wizard that appears on the screen. If in doubt, press the button ‘cancel’.
- The PC will then restart and the initial setup for Windows 10 begins, during which you can adjust various operating system settings.
- If you’d prefer to speed things up, you can click Use Quick Settings to use the default settings. Also, make sure to link your Microsoft account to Windows (like in Windows 8 / 8.1) or create a local account so you can immediately resume using your PC with Windows 10 installed.
- After the Windows 10 restore process is complete, when prompted, do not forget to activate your copy of the operating system by providing your product key again.
- Simply go to the section settings OS click activación and press the button to change product key.
How to restore Windows 10: Using the media creation tool
If for some reason you cannot access the Reset PC feature, the built-in operating system can restore Windows 10 using the media creation tool. It’s a small free program from Microsoft that lets you download any version of Windows 10, install it on your PC, and copy it to a USB storage device, or save it as an ISO image.
- Click to connect to the appropriate section on Microsoft’s website where you can download the Media Creation Tool Download Windows 10 and press the button Download the tool now (32-bit version) or button the button Download the tool now (64-bit version) depending on the version of the operating system you need.
- When the download is complete, double-click the Media Creation Tool and choose whether you want to restore Windows 10 by clicking the PC you are using or if you want to restore Windows 10 by responding to another PC that you create special installation media .
- In the first case, all the files necessary for the installation of the operating system will be downloaded from the Internet, the procedure for restoring Windows 10 will start automatically.
- If you want to create an installation medium for another PC instead, you can use a USB with Windows 10 installation files or you can download the Image ISO Operating System forrecord on DVD.
- If you want to restore Windows 10 to the PC you are currently using, after opening the Media Creation Tool window, select the option to update your PC now and then click the button in the lower right that will wait for the full download of all for the Install the operating system required components and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Then choose whether to download the latest updates available for the new operating system before restoring Windows 10 to your PC.
- Click Accept the terms and conditions of the product and specify whether you want to install the operating system of personal, maintaining files, applications and settings again if you need to do this personal only by preserving your files or if you save nothing and then confirm your selection by clicking ‘Confirm’.
- Now wait for the Windows 10 recovery process to start and then select the language and layout of keyboard and then press the install button .
- Then the PC will restart and you will have to pay attention to the simple initial operating system setup. Follow the instructions we already gave you in the previous lines when we explained how to restore Windows 10 using the special features attached to the operating system to complete the process and start using it again right away.
- On the other hand, if you want to restore Windows 10 by working on a different PC than the one you are using, after opening the Media Creation Tool window, select the option to create a Windows 10 installation media. Click on the download button and select which version of Windows 10 to download, the language of the operating system and its architecture using the appropriate drop-down menus. Then click the download button again.
- At this point, put a tick next to the Flash Drive USB option to create a USB flash drive for Windows 10 installation or next to the ISO file option to download an ISO file from the operating system and the target device or folder for Windows 10 and start the download.
- After the download process is complete, the Media Creation Tool will automatically copy the Windows 10 files to the key you specified or the ISO file that you have chosen. save on your pc.
Using a USB stick flash drive
Please note that if you want to restore Windows 10 with a USB stick, the flash drive in question must have at least a capacity of 8 GB. We also recommend that you use a blank flash drive or pendrive that will save the files you have already saved in another, as the device will be formatted and the previously saved content will not be recoverable due to this process.
If you want to restore Windows 10 using an ISO file instead of the USB stick, you will need to download a program that reads ISO files to create an operating system installation DVD.
Then eject the Windows 10 key or DVD and connect the bracket to the PC that you want to restore the operating system to. Make sure it is turned off and turn on the PC by pressing the appropriate button on the case. That way, the process should start automatically where you can restore Windows 10 from USB or DVD.
If the procedure to restore Windows 10 from USB or DVD does not start automatically and the copy of the operating system already installed on the PC starts normally, enter the following BIOS and change the boot order by using the USB or DVD port set so that the first device supports the instructions in my manual for configuring the BIOS.
After starting the operating system recovery procedure, follow the instructions I gave you in the previous lines to configure and communicate with the “new” PC. The steps you need to take at this point are almost identical.
Nathan James lives for gaming, and is a fan of everything from vintage Pong to the latest virtual reality games. He also loves to tinker with hardware in that never-ending search for more power and speed.