A lot of people struggle with varicose veins. On the one hand, this is related to a predisposition. If varicose veins have already occurred with the parents, they can also be passed on. On the other hand, they can also occur due to vein diseases. This includes, for example, thrombosis. Follow our guide to help prevent varicose veins.
Varicose veins usually express themselves painlessly as elevations of the veins, which stand out superficially. Depending on how pronounced the varicose veins are already, you should consult a doctor who can suggest a possible therapy.
Strategies to prevent varicose veins:
1. Make alternating baths, shower your legs hot and cold again and again
2. Sitting and standing are very conducive to varicose veins. If possible, more running or lying down
3. Support stockings can also do good service
4. If possible do a lot of sports, especially swimming, cycling and hiking is good
5. Horse chestnut extracts from the pharmacy can also bring relief
If no improvement occurs, then the walk to the doctor is inevitable. He will certainly find a solution against the varicose veins – so that the legs will soon look tip top again.
Find more health tips and guides in our health and beauty section.
Compression socks and tights
- The medical benefit of compression has been proven! Remove waste products from the muscles, reducing the risk of pain and swelling. Varicose veins, veins, edema, blood clots, convulsions, plantar fasciitis, fatigue, deep vein thrombosis (TVT) should never be your problem! In addition, it contributes to increasing joint stability, prevents blood clots/thrombosis, e.g. after surgery or on long flights.
- “Only for athletes? NO! The main idea of compression socks is to improve blood circulation and allow a quick recovery of your muscles in calves, feet, ankles and legs. The perfect storage pressure of 20 – 30 mmHg fits into any occasion and everyday life, e.g. Crossfit, Fitness, Walls, Triathlon, Football, Half Marathon or Jogging, Flights, Pregnancy and more!
- For long sitting in plane, car or train
- Support function
- Reduces the risk of thrombosis
- Ensures optimal blood circulation