Step-by-step guide on how to change a business name on Facebook, with an extra method to make the change if you have more than 200 fans.
What belongs to the perfect Facebook business page? Exactly: the perfect business name! But how does it work when the brilliant name idea only comes up when the page already exists? Fortunately, it’s not that complicated, because now both the Facebook page and the vanity URL can be renamed with just a few clicks.
A Facebook page is indispensable for businesses, and you can also have fun or even earn money with your own Facebook page in the private sphere. But for quite some time, it was almost impossible to find a way for how to change Facebook business name or title if you had more than 200 fans or followers.
In doing so, Facebook wanted to prevent abuse by first gaining fans under a certain serious pretext, then using the following for other purposes — such as use for advertising purposes. For some time now, however, the makers have greatly simplified the process of changing the Facebook name.
How to change a business name on Facebook: instructions
The prerequisite is that you are the administrator of the respective page. If you have your own Facebook business page — which does not mean a private Facebook profile — you can change follow these steps for how to change name on facebook business page:
- Log into your Facebook page.
- Click the “Info” button under the title picture.
- In the new window, select the “Page info” area.
- Here you can find the “Edit” button in the “Name” section.
- Choose a new name for the Facebook page and click on “Save changes”.
Before your ‘change facebook business page name’ process is completed, your request will be checked by Facebook. This process can take up to seven days, and fans of the site will be informed of the name change.
How to change a business name on Facebook when you have more than 200 fans
In some cases the name change may not work, e.g. if the name was recently changed. If the change doesn’t work for you because you already have over 200 likes on the site, you can try the following method:
- Click the “Info” button again.
- If the “Edit” button is missing next to the page name, you can change the category of your page, e.g. on “Brands & Products”.
- The edit link should now appear.
- The button for saving the new name could still be grayed out and therefore not clickable. In such a case, click on the question mark next to the name. In the text that is now visible there is the button “Apply for change”
- This will take you to a form that can be used to request a new Facebook name.
- Follow the instructions and also observe the guidelines that apply to Facebook page names to change a business name on Facebook.
Be alerted that with this way, too, the processing of the Facebook business page name change application can take several days.
If you want to approach it differently, you can choose the somewhat more cumbersome third variant: Create a new Facebook page and design it so that it is as similar as possible to the existing one. But you then have to depend on your fans and followers moving across to the new page. However, if you are providing great content that they leave, you will find most of them will be happy to follow you to the new page.