What is the best way to play XBox games on a PC? As our step-by-step guide explains, all you need is a suitable emulator and an XBOX game in the form of a file. It is therefore possible to play a game comfortably on the PC, which is actually intended for gaming fun on the console.
Being able to play XBox games on a PC has advantages for some gamers in the control and is therefore sometimes preferred. In general, there are gamers who do not have a console or who do not appreciate the game feeling on the console. So when you emulate a console game you can play in your familiar environment, and you certainly have tactical advantages too, since you have mastered control and handling.
Steps to play XBox games on a PC
- First a suitable Xbox emulator is downloaded. To do this, go online to search for Xbox emulators .
- In the navigation there is the point “Emulators”. This point is clicked to get to the different emulators available.
- Now a bar appears from which “Xbox” is selected below.
- A list of different emulators appears and the emulator with the name “Xeon” (for example) is clicked and thus downloaded. Other emulators from the overview can also be used, however in this manual we will continue with “Xeon” as an example.
- After the download has been successfully completed, the downloaded file can be extracted. Winrar can be used for this.
- To unzip the file, right-click on the file and click “Unzip to”.
- Now the folder in which the file was extracted is searched for and opened. It may be in a subfolder and not directly visible.
- The file with the name “Xeon” is now opened with a double click and a white window with black letters appears.
- Now click on the “Open” button to select the file or game to be emulated. The selection is confirmed with “Okay” and the game starts.
- Many consoles have a much higher performance than standard PCs, this should be considered if a game with a very high graphics performance is to be emulated. Here you should pay attention to the performance of the graphics card, the processor and the RAM.
- If a game runs too slowly, changing the resolution can help.
- If an emulator does not meet your own requirements or does not run satisfactorily on the PC, an alternative emulator should be tried out or the settings adjusted.