How do you register one or more Xbox controllers? Our guide takes you through the process step by step to make it easy for you.
The Xbox is a game console developed by Microsoft and, despite the many innovations on the market, is still popular and in great demand. However, many face a challenge before the first game starts. Because without a controller, nothing works like this with any other game console. In total, up to 4 controllers can be connected to the xBox via cable or radio. So that nothing stands in the way of fun, we will explain how you can quickly and easily connect one or more other controllers to your Xbox.
Steps to register one or more Xbox controllers
This simple step-by-step guide explains in detail how to proceed to register a controller first.
Register a controller with the Xbox
01. Turn on the Xbox and wait for it to fully boot up.
02. Next, prepare the controller by inserting the batteries into the compartment on the bottom.
03. Now press the Xbox Guide button (in the middle of the controller, indicated by the green X) and wait until the LED flashes and the connection is confirmed by the flashing of another LED below the respective number. If this is the case, you have successfully connected the controller to position 1.
This one controller that you have already registered is always included in the scope of delivery of the xBox. However, in order to be able to play with several people at the same time, it is necessary to purchase additional controllers. How to connect up to three more controllers to your gaming device is explained below.
Connect up to three controllers to the Xbox
01 First insert the batteries and then press the Connect button to establish a WiFi connection. You will find this button on the front of your controller, to the left of the USB port.
02 Now you have to press the button with the WiFi symbol on the Xbox itself. It is located on the front of the console next to the power button.
03 If the LEDs on the controller start to flash in a circle and the LED behind a number finally lights up, you have successfully connected another controller to your Xbox. Repeat this process for each additional controller that you want to register.
Tips if the connection between the controllers does not work straight away
- Check if the batteries are still working, if not, replace them.
- If you have no other batteries at hand, you can also connect your wireless controller to your xBox using a USB cable.
- The USB ports are located on the xBox next to the power button and on your controller on the front.