What can you do to recycle old tights? Many clever things. Our guide outlines 8 ideas, and they probably will inspire more.
Tights for women
Even in the Renaissance, men wore tights. There are many different types of tights: seamless tights, opaque tights and tights with different patterns. The most famous are the fine tights, the tights, the glossy tights and the support tights. Pretty much everyone has worn tights before. Especially as a small child you had to wear them in a variety of colours and with different motifs. Especially women’s tights are often worn in everyday life. Unlike in the past, such tights are also seen more as fashion accessories.
Tights for men
Of course, there are also tights for men. However, these are bought less, compared to the women’s tights. This is why men have specialised in the production of thermal trousers. Of course, the focus of these thermal trousers is not on appearance, but on functionality. Such trousers should of course keep particularly warm. Therefore, the manufacturers largely dispense with motives or other gadgets. The advantages of thermal pants are that you keep warm and don’t break as quickly as, for example, fine tights.
Recycle old tights – 9 tips
You can really reuse broken tights in a very variety of ways. So don’t just throw your broken tights in the trash next time. Who knows what else you need them for.
- Tights are very elastic. That is why many things can be bundled up with them, such as waste paper.
- If you want to travel and carry your shoes in a suitcase, then your shoes should always be placed in a bag so that they do not make your clothes dirty. However, you can save yourself an extra shoe bag. You can also simply put the shoes into the cropped foot ends of a broken tights and thus reuse the tights.
- Motorists are aware of the persistent contamination of insects on the disc and on the paint. Such contaminants are very difficult to remove. With tights and some water, you can clean the dirt without any problems. Try it!
- Of course, you can also use fine tights for cleaning in the household. Fine tights magically attract dust.
- Since the fabric of fine tights is very tight-meshed and elastic, you can also use the severed foot ends of a tights as vegetable bags. So you can portion onion or potatoes wonderfully and store them in the bags.
- You can of course also make something beautiful out of tights. For example, you can make hair elastics yourself or sew dolls.
- If you cut off the two foot ends of a tights, you can use these bags to create a Christmas calendar with their help. Just take a wall and make it Christmassy. The small bags can of course also decorate the Christmas with the help of bows and pearls. Just don’t forget to number the bags. Then all you need to do is fill them and attach them to the wall.
- You can make a great liquid fertilizer by filling the foot of tights with dry fertilizer and suspending it in a watering can. Fill the can with water and 24 hours later you will have a liquid your plants will love.
- You can even decorate Easter eggs with the help of tights and some petals. You can find out how to do this below
Every year again – easter comes too. And with it, especially in families where there are children, the dyeing of Easter eggs. After all, everything should be beautifully colorful. But it must always be the chemical color. You can find out how to colour Easter eggs naturally here.
Recycle old tights when you dye Easter eggs
If you want to do without purchased colours, because firstly they are expensive and secondly, you never know if they can be harmful, do not use natural colors, which you can make yourself.
For example, if you want to dye the eggs brown, you cook them in vinegar together with black tea. If you prefer to green the eggs (so that they are not found too quickly in the garden), take vinegar and mixes it with grass.
Red is also possible. To do this, take beetroot juice or mix vinegar with rosehip tea and cook the eggs in it.
If you would like to have a pattern in the eggs, you can cook them in an old, worn-out tights and add flowers or leaves. Those who wrap the Easter eggs with straw when cooking can also conjure up beautiful patterns on the shell.
Author: Genevieve Dumas is a food, fashion and beauty stylist from New York, who has worked for a range of major magazines.