Many people know how you feel the next day when you have drunk too much alcohol. This is more than unpleasant and you want the hangover symptoms to stop quickly. But what helps to cure a hangover? 11 Home remedies for hangovers that work quickly can be found in this guide.
Find more health advice and guides
In many, the hangover manifests itself in frenzied headaches, dizziness and, of course, nausea. Depending on how much you tolerate and how much you have drunk, the nausea often lasts all day. In order to get fit again quickly, various methods can help against the hangover symptoms and work to cure a hangover. Some more, others less. Of course, it is best not to drink too much,so that the hangover does not arise in the first place and the health of the liver is not affected. But if it was too much, then just stick to our home remedies to cure a hangover and you will soon be better off again.
2. 11 ways to cure a hangover
Online there are many anti-hangover drugs to buy. But do you even need that? Here are some home remedies that you can use cheaply.
- Eat acid herring or rollmops.
- Drink paracetamol or aspirin against hangovers, both should work quite well and fast.
- Drink chamomile tea. It soothes the stomach and the nausea disappears.
- Take a long walk. Fresh air works wonders.
- Eat honey against the hangover. The fructose in honey promotes the reduction of alcohol.
- Take a lot of vitamin C. Vitamin C detoxifies the liver.
- Do you have severe headaches? Then drink a coffee with a dash of lemon juice.
- Drink a lot in general. Mineral water, tea or juice chorale are best. Alcohol deprives the body of a lot of water.
- Eat salty and sour foods. Acid promotes alcohol degradation, salt compensates for mineral loss.
- Yoghurt soothes the stomach!
- A neat chicken broth also soothes the stomach and promotes health.
3. Preventing hangovers
If you want to avoid a hangover from the outset, so that you don’t have to use means against hangovers in the first place, you can of course also prevent it in a targeted way. You can create a good foundation by eating solid food beforehand. However, the most important basic rule is still that you should not drink too much mess. In addition to alcohol, you should always eat a glass of water. This way you can prevent your body from drying out. If you are already drinking alcohol, you should also have some salty pastries. With salty nibbles you prevent the mineral loss.Sugar, which is very much contained in alcopops and cocktails, helps to make the hangover and its symptoms really violent.
Before bed, you should open the window and turn off the heating. The fresh air weakens the headaches in advance. Also, still drink a big glass of water before you go to sleep. Please never underestimate the consequences of residual alcohol the next day. If you celebrated until 3 a.m., you shouldn’t drive at 8 a.m. if you had drunk a lot the night before.
We hope to have helped you with our tips and remedies against hangovers. Be sure to try a few of them in the next situation. However, if you are really feeling bad and the symptoms persist for several days, it is best to see a doctor. It could then be a disease.