At a party, alcohol can often end up on your clothes or the carpet and furnishings. As our guide outlines, you need to act quickly and use the correct methods to remove alcohol stains.
The party is in full swing and a slightly drunk energized guest accidentally spills his drink over the dressing room. An annoying topic that is already causing uproar with tablecloths. But, as you know, there is a solution to every issue. If it is possible, the stain should be treated as soon as possible. Not only can you prevent you from having to walk around the rest of the evening with a big stain on e.g. the sweater, you can also save your sweater from ending up in the garbage, because the stains can no longer be removed.
When clothes smell of alcohol
Washing out alcohol stains on your clothes quickly is not only important to save the garment, it is also a particularly important thing if you have been chosen as a driver. If your clothes smell of alcohol and you get into a traffic control, then it can quickly become quite unpleasant for you. In such a case, of course, it is not a bad thing if you have already thought about such a situation and packed up changing clothes. But who is doing it? We would like to give you some tips on how to remove the alcohol stains quickly and easily.
Remove alcohol stains – 9 tips
- If the alcohol stain is red wine, then sprinkle the place thickly with salt and then wash it with hot water. Salt absorbs the red wine. As a rule, the stain would disappear without a trace.
- With normal alcohol stains, such as vodka, you don’t need any salt at all. Here, cold water is completely sufficient.
- Beer stains should be eliminated with lukewarm water.
- If you do not treat alcohol stains immediately, then you have to reckon with the fact that they darken strongly and can hardly be removed. Therefore, soak the garment in a mixture of water and glycerin. Then rinse with vinegar water.
- For sensitive substances, you should take diluted wine spirit to remove the alcohol stains. However, always try this method in an unobtrusive place.
- It is also often the case that you only notice at home that a few drops of alcohol have landed on the garment. You should then wash out old stains with a diluted salmiakgeist.
- If you have a party at home, you have to expect that alcohol stains will also end up on the carpet or on the sofa. It is best to wash out such stains immediately with clear water.
- To remove alcohol stains on a carpet, you should always treat it first with a carpet cleaning agent. After cleaning with a special agent, you should pat the alcohol stains with spirit. You can pat off beer stains with a mixture of 3 percent spirit and some lukewarm water.
- You should immediately pat off alcohol stains on a leather couch with a dry cloth. Then dilute the liquid drawn into the leather with plenty of water. Wipe over the stains with a sponge. After everything has dried, you should re-impregnate your couch.
Except for some particularly dark red wine stains and stains on sensitive clothing, you can actually eliminate pretty much all the stains on site by briefly fleeing to the toilet. In many public toilets there is also a hair dryer, which also makes the wet spot disappear quickly. At private parties, it doesn’t matter to most people anyway. If you have arrived at home, you should immediately put the pre-treated garment in the washing machine.